As the filming for Justin Timberlake’s “Friends With Benefits” have taken over our neighborhood the last couple of days, it had our team thinking…
What other movies have taken over our esplanade in this way?
At first thought, we remembered Barbra Streisand’s ‘Prince of Tides,’ and then before we knew it an entire list was cobbled together.
So to help you at your next neighborhood cocktail party, we present:
(Some) Movies Filmed in Battery Park City List!(In seriously no particular order!)
1. ‘Prince of Tides’ (1991) starring Nick Nolte and Barbra Streisand – scenes were filmed in and around the esplanade.
2. ‘Hackers’ (1995) starring Angelina Jolie (before Brad) – scenes filmed at the then new Stuyvesant High School
3. Â ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’ (2010) starring Shia LeBouf and Michael Douglas – scenes filmed in and around the Bowling Green area.
4. ‘Sorcerer’s Apprentice’ (2010) starring Nic Cage – scenes filmed in Battery Park.
5. ‘The Adjustment Bureau’ (2010) starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt – scenes were filmed at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park
6. ‘P.S. I Love You’ (2007) starring Gerard Butler and Hilary Swank
7. ‘Boomerang’ (1992) starring Eddie Murphy
8. ‘The Good Guy’Â (2009) starring Alexis Bledel (Thanks to FB friend Ellen!)
9. ‘Hitch’ (2005) starring Will Smith (Thanks to FB friend Honey!)
10. ‘Desperately Seeking Susan’ (1985) starring Madonna (Thanks to FB friend Fern!)
11. ‘Men In Black’ (1997) starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones (Thanks to FB friend Laura!)
12. ‘I Am Legend’ (2007) starring Will Smith (Thanks to FB friend Tom who also honorably mentions ‘Working Girl’ starring Melanie Griffith)
13. ‘Inside Man’ (2006) starring Denzel Washington and Clive Owen (Thanks to Roberta!)
Any others we might be missing? Let us know!